Monday, January 5, 2009

So much to catch up on!

I have been a terrible blogger, and seeing as this is acting as my pregnancy journal too I have a lot to catch up on! First thing, I actually missed my 17 week belly pic, don't think there is that much of a difference so should be okay. But here is pic for last week, 18 weeks!



Coming along, right? It's starting to feel a lot different, definitely baby and not bloat these days.

So what were we up to baby wise? We did have an appointment over the holidays, heart beat was 130 (last time was 140). Otherwise all was pretty normal, my blood pressure was still low, but I guess I'm just going to have to deal with that. And we have our big u/s coming up this Friday! Crazy how fast this time is flying by.

I also got some great hand me downs while I was home. My sil and my best friend both gave me a bag full of stuff and when I got back I went through my closet and reorganized, bagged up the 'pre pregnancy' stuff, and sorted everything out. I love having a clean organized closet, makes getting dressed a whole lot more fun!

Another big thing, which actually sent me into a bit of a tailspin the other night, was that we ordered our bedding. After looking in every place possible around the city on Saturday I came to the realization that I was going to have to either make my own crib bedding or buy something online. The only options I could find were Winnie the pooh, Jungle themes, teddy bears...and did I mention Winnie the pooh? Anyway I got online Saturday night and ordered this awesome bedding from 'allmodernbaby.com', and I love it!


The reason it through me off a little is because up until now I haven't really made any concrete purchases, besides clothing for me, and this kind of made things feel 'real', very strange. I had a hard time sleeping because my mind was just racing all night. I mean, half way? How did that happen? Also, all the costs associated, this is not a cheap venture, and I hate to see Greg get stressed about money, but I also want to buy things that I actually like.

There's lots more to catch up on, but this will have to do for now.

Happy New Year everyone!!

1 comment: