Friday, January 30, 2009

22 week appointment, and prenatal fitness!

So yesterday was a pretty big day. Wednesday night I think I was full of anticipation because I knew it was supposed to be a busy day, plus they were calling for a storm so I didn't get much sleep. Which is a really stupid thing to do the night before having a busy day. But things ended up working out okay.

Greg had to leave early (5:30) for work so I woke up at that time and never really made it back to sleep. By 6am I heard that school was canceled, which meant that my after school volleyball program was canceled, so that took one thing off my schedule. I went to go out to go to my Dr. appointment, and realized the car was sitting on a whole lot of ice...fun times. So after some shovelling/salting etc. I finally got the car out. The appointment was good, I was a little sad because it was my last appointment with my GP, who I love, because from now on I'll be with the OB, who I don't even know yet, so that's a little scary. Big news...well, for the first 18 weeks of this pregnancy I've gained 5lbs, in the last 4 weeks? 9 lbs!! lol I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale, it was a little crazy. She just said 'that's great', I couldn't help but laugh. Oh well, if she thinks it's great, then I guess it is.

In the afternoon I had to go to a meeting, which meant I didn't have to come in to the office at all, which was kind of nice. When I came home I got a little power nap in (probably could have slept for the night!) and had a bit of supper. Then I went to my first prenatal fitness class. It felt good to be active again, and to learn what is/isn't safe to do. We'll be doing it 2x/week for 6 weeks. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit so I can get out walking too. I'm tired because I'm not sleeping well, but I don't think I'm sleeping because I'm not tired enough (make any sense?), so I want to be more active so I'll sleep more soundly at night.

That's all for today. Yay for Friday! So excited for the weekend!

No comments: