Tuesday, January 20, 2009

21 Weeks

So I've been back to work for a couple of weeks now (since Christmas vacation), and I have to say, concentrating is harder than every. I just keep counting down the days. I know I have a long way to go, and I'm trying to stay focused, but it seems like the weekends just fly by and I don't get all the things done that I want to.

Baby wise, this week I have really noticed a difference in the strength of the movement I've been feeling, a couple of swift kicks here and there. It's just that it doesn't happen all that often. So most nights I spend a little while just laying quietly on the couch hoping to feel something. I had Greg try to feel for a while but his patience just wasn't quite long enough to wait for it. Otherwise I've been feeling pretty well, which has been a blessing. I've even notice that my 'spinny' feelings don't happen as often, and I'm not as sensitive to going for a little while without food, which makes life a lot better. I got a call from the OB's office and I'll be setting up an appointment with them for sometime next week I think. Then I'll be on shared care with my OB and my GP until the end.

So I'm really noticing a difference in the belly these days...crazy!

Greg also started a big project this weekend, putting down hardwood in the nursery! I was so worried that he didn't really know what he was doing, but it looks really nice. He wasn't too impressed with me taking his picture but I'm trying to remember to take more pictures so we can remember everything. The room was painted for a baby before we moved in (3 years ago!) and we haven't done anything except take down the 'Pooh' border. Once the bedding comes in we'll be able to paint, and then really get going on this process!

These are the 'before' pics, even though the hardwood is almost all down now, it was just a plain brown carpet in their before, much better already!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow, the floors are going to look great!