Tuesday, February 3, 2009

23 weeks!

So hard to believe it's February already! Dad's birthday, valentine's day, Greg's birthday, big month! And baby has reached the size of a letter! 8.5 inches crown to rump, that's crazy! Not that I haven't felt the growing, baby is doing lots of kicking in there these days, so fun. I was determined to get Greg to feel it last night, and he said he did, but I'm not really sure. I think this kid is going to have to really smack him before he gets excited about it. Oh well, it's exciting to me. We wake up together everyday, I have endless amusement while sitting at my desk during the day, and my favorite, our time hanging out on the couch after supper, that's when the dance party really starts!

I was laughing on the way to work today as I belted out Taylor Swift's 'love song', wondering if baby will remember that song, as I sing along to it a lot on the way to work. I love music, and I really hope the baby does too. It's crazy to think about all the stuff that we need to learn about this kid. Will we be running off to soccer practice, or dance class, hockey or art school. I did pretty much everything and I hope our kids have the same diverse interests. I know Greg is very excited to have his son/daughter at his ball games this summer. He always said he was stopping after last summer, but I think he wants to be able to show off for him/her!

I've been having some trouble sleeping this week, and therefore having some long tiring days at work. But today seems a lot better. It might have to do with the fact that there is a storm on the way and I'm considering hitting the road sooner that later if it starts to get nasty. I did have a couple of rough nights, but hoping that was just a little phase and that it isn't going to become the norm. Ever since my little scale shocker last week I have been quite a bit more conscious about what I'm eating, and I think I feel better because of that. I'm also really excited to be getting some exercise again. We had our second class on Sunday and it was great. I almost didn't go because I had such a nasty headache, but the class really helped.

Excited to be heading home to visit the fam this weekend. It's dad's 60th birthday next week so we are all going to celebrate with him. Can't wait to see my adorable nephew, and my best friend is having a post baby shower for her little one Eve, so that worked out well too. That's about all for now, keep your fingers crossed for some great NS winter weather today to get me home early! lol

1 comment:

Silvina said...

Have fun this weekend with your family!!! We are getting snow here today and I'm home enjoying it.