Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ready to move forward

So the week wasn't all that bad, having a long weekend in there made things a little easier too. Last week I just went about life as normal and then did my best to stay positive. I did find myself getting a little low every once in a while, but was able to pull myself out of it. We had a pretty great weekend. A wedding for DH's cousin on Saturday, but other than that we did a whole lot of nothing. I went to visit my sister's new place and went to see Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants last night. Yes, I'm a dork and have read all the books so I was really looking forward to seeing it. It was cute, and just what I needed, something mindless.

So I went to talk to my GP today, and she was great, very comforting and not at all cold about my whole situation. I think I've actually been trying to down play the whole thing. I've only talked to one other person IRL about the situation, and was really trying to avoid using the 'm' word. When she used it this morning, it kind of hit me that I haven't been using it at all, but that's what happened. It was a miscarriage, there I said it. I had to go have blood taken afterwords, hopefully the hcg levels have already returned to normal, I'm assuming from my chart that they have, as everything seems to be progressing as usual, but better safe than sorry I guess.

So, now I think I've accepted it a bit more, I have considered that I should probably talk to more people about it, but I feel that DH has been a good support and is open to talking about things, so it's not like I have no one to turn to. So for right now, sitting at CD11, and hoping to O this week, things are okay. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, chances of getting another BFP this month are probably slim to none. But, there's no reason it couldn't be the one for us either. So a positive attitude can't hurt.

No comments: