Tuesday, March 10, 2009

28 Weeks...7 Months!

I need to start by being so very thankful for how great I've been feeling. I have my down moments, when trying to haul myself off the couch or out of bed for example, but overall, I really can't complain. I can eat whatever I want (smaller portions usually), and seem to be on a pretty normal sleep pattern too. I've even gone back to sleeping through the night without having to pee! That's amazing!

We've gotten the nursery well under way. Floor is in, paint done, closet organizer up, light fixture in (although at this point it's not working...I'm just not going to mention it for a few days) I just can't wait for Greg to finish with the details so that I can can my hands in there and do the fun stuff!

Fitness class is still going well. I will admit that it's a lot harder now, and I've even been aching a little more the day after, but it still feels good. And we've had some great weather too, so I'm going to be getting my butt walking very soon.

Actually, the most exciting news this week will help in my goal to be walking more! I just arranged my vacation/leave time, and it actually kind of kicks in this week! I decided to start my 1 year Mat leave 2 weeks prior to my due date. I know that means I'll have to go back to work before babies birthday, but hopefully he/she will understand that Mommy needs some time before their arrival to get things straightened away and hopefully get a little rest. But since I don't know if I'll go on time/early/late, I don't want to leave my vacation until then and then not get to use it. So I've decided to take an extra long Easter weekend (3 extra days), which still leaves me with 7 vacation/overtime days to use up. So I've decided to start 4 day weeks! Woohoo! I think this will make me much more productive on the days that I am here, and will let me get lots of stuff around the house on days when Greg isn't there and I can just focus on one task at a time. I'm so excited.

So that's about it for now. 12 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You're looking great! 1 year mat leave is amazing, i'm super jealous!