Monday, October 6, 2008

Sick, or just scared?

So I'm not sure if I'm actually dealing with m/s, or if I'm just scared of dealing with morning sickness. I know I'm tired, I've been going to bed at 8:30 most nights and am out cold before my head hits the pillow. This is very strange for me. I usually go to bed and spend at least 1 hour trying to get to sleep, no matter how tired I am. But with the sickness I feel like I'm constantly just waiting to see what happens. Anyway, so far I have not actually gotten sick, but I'm often feeling a little off.

I have continued to play volleyball, I actually played in a full day tournament on Saturday. I felt a little sketchy at some points, but I think a lot of it has to do with what I'm eating. I'm trying to eat healthy, but if I eat too much I get really bloated ( which this weekend I discovered does not go well with my spandex volleyball shorts...ouch!), so I end up not eating enough and then getting light headed, not good. Last night at my regular league game I felt like crap most of the night, it sucked. Plus when I found out two other girls are still playing and are passed 3 months already it made me feel like I should just suck it up. But if I keep feeling the way I did last night I don't think I'll be playing that long. We'll see.

DH is really starting to 'get' things. When I didn't feel like eating the other night, he asked if I wanted him to make me soup. And I get some extra pats on the back or hugs and kisses that I wouldn't normally get, so it's nice to know he's catching on. I already told my best friend (the only person I've told IRL), so he told his best friend on Friday, and I think that made him a little more excited.

I'm started to freak out about the cost of this whole deal. I'll be taking the full year off once the baby is born (yay Canada!), and we basically get the equivalent of what you would get if you were on unemployment, I think it works out to about 60% of your wages (up to a certain cap). Although that is fantastic, and I'm very grateful for it, I'm still nervous as right now there isn't a lot of money left at the end of each month. I think we are going to set up an appointment with an accountant this month to straighten things out, and hopefully that will but my mind at ease a bit.

So that's about it. I'm heading for my first 'prenatal' visit today. She said it would take about 1/2 hour, not sure what we'll be doing for that long, but I'll report on the later.



6w2d - By the end of this week the little one will be the size of a blueberry!

No comments: