Thursday, October 9, 2008

Here we go...

So my fears have been realized, m/s has arrived. I went to my first official pre natal visit on Monday. Had all the details taken care of, lots of questions, pee in a cup, weight and all that stuff. She said, don't suffer, there are things we have to help with m/s. I thought to myself, nice to know, but am not going to worry about it too much. Well if I had of had an appointment 20 minutes later I may have been asking for the stuff!
When I got home I ate okay, but felt pretty crappy the rest of the night. Then I didn't sleep at all that night, just really anxious and fidgety. So I took the day off on Tuesday, which looking back may not have been the best idea. I cried and panicked most of the morning, and then slept through the whole afternoon. I did my best to get cleaned up and get dinner ready for when DH arrived home. When I tried to eat the pasta I had made for supper I threw up all over the coffee table, I didn't even have time to stand up. God bless DH who cleaned it up while I was dry heaving upstairs in the bathroom. That just sent me into a tailspin and I was panicky and sick the rest of the night.
I was planning on waiting until this weekend to tell my parents, but I needed to talk to someone so I called my mom and filled her in on the details. It didn't really help me all that much, but I agreed that I would go to work yesterday regardless, which I did, even though I didn't sleep at all. I actually woke up shaking, DH grabbed on to me and wouldn't let me go even though I struggled, until I stopped and calmed down. He's been amazing.
So yesterday I got some great advice from ladies on the nest, went for a walk at lunch time, and then had a mid afternoon meeting which meant I could go home a little early. So I survived the day. I went home and tried to lay down, ended up running back upstairs to throw up, and then slept for 45 minutes before DH got home. I had some cup a soup for supper (so exciting) and just took it easy for the rest of the night.
Sleep was much better, but I still felt pretty sketchy this morning. I'm currently trying to calm my stomach with multigrain cheerios and water, and praying that I make it though another day. I'll probably contact the Dr. if the puking continues tonight. I've already lost a few pounds this week and don't want to see that continue.

Exhausted, starving, spinning...so much fun 6w4d

No comments: