Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So that's a month

So 4 weeks ago today I found out I was pregnant, time really does fly, although watching the days go by it seems like time is sometimes standing still. Last week was a challenge, and I'm not gonna lie, it's by no means a walk in the park right now, but it is a little better. Big things that have helped?

1.Amazing DH! He has been so much help. Earlier this year when I had some issues with anxiety he just didn't get it, it actually made me worried that he wouldn't be that great during this time. But I think this time, because pregnancy is such a tangible thing for him he's really able to 'get me'. He has cleaned up my puke (huge deal for him), cooks for me, and the best thing, just stayed home with me all weekend, not pressuring me to do anything, while I rested.

2. Support from my mom. This goes without saying, but she has been great and I don't know what I would do without her.

3. My skills for dealing with anxiety. I know everything happens for a reason, and as horrible as things were for me in the spring, I know they were just preparing me for this next 'battle' in my life. Having the option of visiting my psychologist who I have a great relationship is nice and gives me a place to express my fears without feeling judged.

4. Telling my boss. Just did this yesterday, but it's like a weight has been lifted and I don't have to try and pretend now, and can ask for help when I need it.

Not eating anywhere near a regular diet, but trying to eat as much as possible, without getting sick/bloated, while eating regularly so I don't end up starving/nauseous. Quite the balancing act. No pics this week, don't think that will be necessary for a while, regular pants still fitting quite well thankfully. Just keep on surviving, 1 day, 1 hour, 1 moment at a time.


7w4d - Little one will be the size of a kidney bean this week.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad your getting through this, and that you have such a great support system.