Friday, August 6, 2010

A very special year

There are many reasons why I love being Canadian, but one of the best is that we get a full year of paid maternity leave. I was also extra lucky because I had a special group of people who were also off at the same time. 3 mommas...4 babies...we had so much fun.

This was a pic from our last play date together before I went back to work in May.



The last of our group (mommy of the gorgeous twin girls) is heading back to work on Monday. She's been emailing asking for advice on how to deal with the week ahead. It's hard to believe that it's been over 2 months since I was back, but I hardly feel like an expert on the topic. I'm still just making my way through the week hoping and praying for Friday to get here!

We've all discussed how we would like to be off at the same time again, but really it will never be the same as this year. I don't think we really appreaciated at the time how wonderful the year was, we could really do whatever we wanted (as long as it works around nap time).

So as the last one returns to work, we have to try and get used to our 'new normal'. I already feel like I haven't seen anyone, and don't have time for friends, so we are going to have to make a better effort to get together on the weekends. We already have a date for lunch next Saturday! I'm so excited to see all the little ones. I haven't seen the twins since this pic above...all of them are walking now, it's going to be so fun!

Any tips for keeping up with friendships after everyone returns to 'regular' life?




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love the new blog layout!!

Try picking a weekend for play dates? Like the 3rd saturday of the month at 10:00am. If you all have a schedule it will be easier to maintain your friendships!