Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fun summer weekend!

Now that we are halfway through August I'm starting to get that little panic about trying to fit in as much fun as possible.  So this weekend we did just that had a lot of fun in the process.

First up? A play date.  As I recently mentioned a friend of mine just started back to work so we decided to get together to let the girls 'catch up' and have a little chat ourselves. It was so cute watching them all toddling along and babbling in their own special 'language'.  Then before we left, they thought they we 'help' with some chores!


Anyone need any help with their laundry?

Then on Saturday night we took a walk around the waterfront.  Greg is always pretty grumpy about doing those types of things, but he does love getting a chance to hang out with Lyla...and she loves being with her Daddy too.

Then on Sunday I had to work...but I work in recreation, so it was quite a lot of fun too!  In the county where I work they have the worlds highest recorded tides (I know you are impressed! lol)  So this past Sunday was the years lowest tide, and we planned a 'Mud Run' for our community members.  There was a little bit of work...setting up and helping with registration, but really I just got to enjoy the beautiful day and having fun with all the kids!

Since Greg was home with Lyla they decided to come out and visit me.  We had a great time, although Lyla wasn't a huge fan of the water. Hopefully she'll start to enjoy to the beach a little more next summer!

Here's to making the most of summer!

Week 1 - 4/5

No comments: