Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday!

I had almost forgotten how important Friday's were while on my 1 year mat leave.  But I remember now!  I'm sitting here looking at Lyla's picture on my desk and longing to hold her.  I'm even looking forward to hearing her whine all the way home! lol  Because when I get home I know she'll be ready to cuddle while she eats her snack. I swear this girl is a bottomless pit these days! She eats all day long at daycare (when she's not taking her 2 - 2 hour naps!), and when we get home she's ready to go again.  But all this has led to 3 Straight Nights of STTN! Woohoo...this used to happen all the time, but not lately, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Speaking of bottomless pits...ehem...Lyla's not the only one these days!  Mama has not really been watching what she eats.  I think that 'thinking' about losing weight has made me gain more. (stay with me here) I'm constantly saying...well, tomorrow I will start, so I need one more 'good' meal.  But then I don't start.  So I've actually put my money where my mouth is...


I've kind of half followed WW before on my own, but I actually paid for the online version and am hoping that this is going to help motivate me to get my butt in gear.  I've been tracking for a little over a week, but have only started managing to stay within my points or OP (on plan...I'm trying to learn the lingo) for the last couple of days.  It's not that hard really, but it's just that since I've been off I've been pretty easy on myself as far as fast food/treats go.  Mind you when I was breastfeeding 85,000 times a day (okay it was 8, but you know what I mean) I could pretty much eat what I wanted and dropped weight like a champ. However, now things aren't going so easily.

One big eye opener was this...



Now I know a big part of it is my still supersized bf boobs...but I'm just not happy with the way I look, or feel.  And to make matters worse, I got my REALLY pink bm dress that I have to wear in August...well, it doesn't fit.  So I have no choice, I have to get things under control.

As for the numbers? Well, I'm up 12 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. Now that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I was actually down past my pre pregnancy weight just 4 months after (I mean way down, like 20lbs).  So that means in the last 8 months I've put back on 30 lbs! yikes!  And that's what I would like to take off.

So, progress so far? I'm down 2.4lbs in two weeks, slow start, but I haven't been really dedicated. Hoping next week will be much better.

Wish me luck!