Monday, April 26, 2010

So much going on!

'm a little overwhelmed today.  I have a sick husband (who refuses to take a sick day!), a sick baby, stuffy nose, cough and another top took coming through! (That's 5 teeth).  And a sore throat/stuffy nose for me.  But my biggest issue right now is cracked nipples, yep you read that right, I have a 10.5 month old baby who I've been exclusively bf the whole time, yet I feel like I'm starting all over again! Not sure what the issue is.  At first I just thought it was adjusting her latch to the new upper teeth, but we are going on about a month now and it's not getting better! So sore.

I've been using Newman's nipple cream, lanolin, medela hydragel pads, you name it.  I even tried numing today with frozen vegetables (didn't work). So I have an appointment with my Dr. on Wednesday to see if there's anything I'm missing, but I'm totally open to suggestions.

It's not that I'm super far away from weaning, but I don't want to end on a bad note, kwim?  By the way, dd doesn't take a bottle (at all...we've tried EVERYTHING) so pumping isn't an option.  The worst thing right now is that since she's sick, she usually gets to nurse more and finds that soothing, but I can't do that since it hurts so bad, so I feel awful.

But of course as annoyed as I am, she's still super cute...



No comments: