Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day is the new New Years!

Just back from vacation, such an amazing vacation, I think it's actually my favorite ever!  So of course I have tons to blog about...I actually started writing down topics last night and filled a page, so I am going to have lots of things to write about, and I'll easily hit my 30 posts challenge!

But for today I'm going to focus on the start of the 'new year'. I really think resolutions and all the stuff would work better starting with labor day.  It's the unofficial end of summer, and change of weather and wardrobe, and a starting fresh.  Maybe because my Dad was a teacher and we always looked at the fall as the starting of the new year.  I never feel that motivated by January 1st (except for the new calendars and day planners...love those!), but this feels like a fresh start for me.

I think this year it's even more so since we just got back from our vacation. Because I came back off Mat leave in May I didn't take any summer vacation until now, and it was much needed and fantastic!  Also we just moved offices ( I got stuck in the basement of our building), and I've taken it upon myself to really spruce up my office. New lighting and frames, even a rug, it's been great.

So here's to my 'new year'.  I've got lots of goals and plans, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Glad you all had so much fun!